Serena Jameka Williams (born September 26, 1981) is an American professional tennis player who is ranked No. 1 in women’s singles tennis. The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) has ranked her world No. 1 in singles on six separate occasions. She became the world No. 1 for the first time on July 8, 2002, and achieved this ranking for the sixth time on February 18, 2013. As of September 5, 2016, she has been ranked world No. 1 for 186 consecutive weeks, tying the record set by Steffi Graf, and 309 weeks overall. Williams is regarded by some commentators, players and sports writers as the greatest female tennis player of all time.
Williams sisters has been credited with launching a new era of power tennis in the women’s game. Williams was the highest paid female athlete in 2016, earning $28.9 million in prize money and endorsements. In December 2015, she was named Sportsperson of the Year by Sports Illustrated magazine.
In present 2016, after the Olympics, Williams took a late wildcard for the Western & Southern Open, where she was the defending champion, but then decided to withdraw due to concerns from the same shoulder injury/inflammation from earlier in the summer. The week of September 5 marked Serena’s 186th consecutive week ranked world No. 1, equaling Steffi Graf’s record for longest run in WTA history.
|Biography Measurements Info
|Real Name||Serena Jameka Williams|
|Nickname||Meka, Momma Smash|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet- 5? 9?
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg (in 2015)
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Naturally Black (Dyed Brown)|
|International Debut||Turned pro in 1995|
|Nature on field||Cool|
|Achievements (main ones)||• Winner of 22 Grand slams. • 71 singles WTA titles. • She achieved the No. 1 ranking in July 2002.
• She has won 768 games in her career while losing only 127.
|Career Turning Point||After winning her first Grand Slam in 2002, there was no looking back for Williams.|
|Date of Birth||26 September 1981|
|Age (as in 2016)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.A|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.A|
|College||The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale|
|Family||Father– Richard Williams (Divorced)
Mother– Oracene Price (second from right)
|Hobbies||Acting, Reading, Watching Movies|
|Controversies||• At 2002 US Open, Serena Williams wore a Cat-Suit, causing a stir. • At 1998 Wimbledon, Serena Williams withdrew from the tournament, when she was scheduled to play against her younger sister Venus. People considered this as something which is against the spirit of the game.
• On many occasions Serena has been criticized for her choice of outfits both on and off the Tennis court, leading to controversies.
|Favourite Food||Fried Chicken Sushi|
|Favourite Film||Mama- There’s a man in your bed|
|Favourite Actor||Not known|
|Favourite Singer||Mariah Carey & Brandy|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Keyshawn Johnson (2002-2003) Brett Ratner (2004-2006) Common (on and off from 2007-2010) Jackie Long (2007-2008) Hosea Chanchez (2008) Amar’e Stoudemire (2010) Patrick Mouratoglou (2012)
Grigor Dimitrov (2012)
|Cars Collection||Bentley Supersports|
|Net Worth||$145 Million|
Serena Williams Top Interesting Facts:
- Does Serena Williams smoke: No
- Does Serena William drink Alcohol: Yes
- When Serena Williams won the US Open in 1999, she became the first black woman to win a Grand Slam tournament since Althea Gibson in 1958.
- Her scenes of her first movie “Black Knight” were cut.
- Yetunde Price, Williams’s eldest sister was murdered in Los Angeles, in 2003.
- In 2003, at the age of 31, Serena Williams became the oldest female Tennis player to be ranked No.1 since computer rankings began in 1975.
- The Williams sisters starred in the reality TV series “Venus and Serena: For Real” which debuted in 2015.
- In 2009, Serena was fined $82,500 and placed on probation for allegedly threatening a lines-woman. This was the largest punishment ever levied on a tennis player.
- In 2009, Serena released her autobiography titled “Queen of the Court.”
- In 2009, Serena Williams launched a signature collection of handbags and jewelry called “The Signature Statement” sold mainly on the Home Shopping Network.
- In 2011, Serena underwent an emergency treatment for a hematoma related to a pulmonary embolism, a blood clot in her lungs.
- She appeared in two Television series viz. “Trust us with your life” & “Drop dead diva”, in July 2012.
- At 2012 Summer Olympics, she won two Gold medals, one each in Women singles and Women doubles category- her first singles Gold medal.
- Serena developed her own “Aneres” (Serena’s name spelled backwards) line of clothing.
- Serena Williams has been ranked No.1 in the world five times and has earned more prize money than any other female tennis player.
- Serena was a voice on the Playhouse Disney show “Higllytown Heroes.”
Incoming search terms:
- serena williams height
- serena williams body weight
- selena williams figure
- serena williams altura