Christopher Henry “Chris” Gayle (born 21 September 1979) is a Jamaican cricketer who plays international cricket for the West Indies. Considered one of the most powerful batsmen in limited-overs cricket, Gayle has set numerous records in all formats of the game.Gayle thus became the only player in world cricket to hit a triple hundred in Tests, a double hundred in ODIs and a hundred in Twenty20 Internationals.
Gayle is known for his characteristic hitting, imposing physique, and timing. He attributes the latter to being very thin when young, and having a heavy bat. He is known for appearing very calm as the bowler approaches.
Chris Gayle was signed by Lahore Qalandars in 2016 for 200,000 Dollars to play in the Pakistan Super League. Gayle had his worst T20 league, citing back problems. He only scored 103 runs from 5 matches and was also out twice for a golden duck, the most in his T20 career, by Junaid Khan. He scored 39 international centuries, which includes 15 Tests, 22 ODIs and 2 T20I centuries. first cricketer of the history to score centuries in all formats of the game.
|Real Name||Christopher Henry “Chris” Gayle|
|Nickname||Crampy, Gayleforce, Master Storm, GayleStorm|
|Profession||West Indies Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 98 kg
in Pounds- 216 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 44 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|Tattoos||He has many tattoos all over his body (mainly on arms & chest)|
|International Debut||Test– 16 March 2000 against Zimbabwe
ODI– 11 September 1999 against India
T20– 16 February 2006 against New Zealand
|Jersey Number||#45 (West Indies)
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
|Nature on field||Calm & Jolly nature but an aggressive batsmen|
|Favourite Shot||Pull Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• He became the first player to hit six on the first ball of a test match.
• First player to score century in all the 3 forms of Cricket.
• Became the 4th player to hit 2 triple centuries in Test matches.
• He has scored the highest T20 individual score (175*)
• First player to score a double century in a World Cup.
• First West Indian to get 7000+ runs and take 150 wickets in ODIs.
• First cricketer to hit centuries in all three formats of the game (T20, Test and ODI).
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 3 centuries against India in 2002, he became the 3rd West Indian to score 1000+ runs in a calendar year.|
|Date of Birth||21 September 1979|
|Age (as in 2015)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Kingston, Jamaica|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Excelsior High School (Jamaica)|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father– Dudley Gayle (worked as a policeman)
Mother– Name not known (she used to sell peanuts and snacks)
Siblings– 6 siblings (Gayle is the 5th one) – Vanclive ‘Father Bulla’ Parris, Wayne Gayle (Younger)
|Hobbies||Dancing, Riding cars|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Dancing
Dislikes: Running, even on the field he tries not to go for singles and doubles instead he tries to hit the ball out of the ground.
|Controversies||He was involved in a kind of cold war with West Indies Cricket Board over the sponsorship issues|
|Favourite Cricketer||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Ackee and Saltfish|
|Favourite Movie||Rambo (Series)|
|Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Cars collection||GL 63 AMG – Mercedes, Land Cruiser V8|
|Bikes collection||Harley Davidson FXSTSB Bad Boy|
|Salary||Price in IPL Auction (2014): 9.5 Crores (INR)
Approximate yearly income: $7.5 Million
|Net Worth||$35 Million|
Chris Gayle Top Unknown Facts List:
- Does Chris Gayle smoke?: Yes
- Does Chris Gayle drink alcohol?: Yes
- When he was a teenager, his friends used to call him “crampy” due to his laziness.
- Once he suffered from an irregular heart beat problem when he was playing in India in his early career, after which an operation was done to resolve the issue.
- He once scored 196 runs in a T20 trial match, he got out in 15th over.
- In 2011 IPL Auctions, Gayle went unsold in the first round.
- He scored a century in his debut T20 match in IPL.
- He loves his dressing style.
- He is very active on social media sites.
- In Big Bash 2016, Gayle asked out reporter, Mel McLaughlin on live TV. Gayle was caught up in a huge controversy for doing that, later he apologized and said he said that in a humorous way.
- He owns “Triple Century Sports Bar”, a sports bar & restaurant in Kingston, Jamaica.
- He opened “The Chris Gayle Academies” in Jamaica and London to provide education, training and employment for needy ones.
- He loves partying and is well-known for his CPL T20 parties at his house.