Robert John Downey Jr. (born April 4, 1965) is an American actor Film world name is Robert Downey Jr. His career has included critical and popular success in his youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, and a resurgence of commercial success in middle age. For three consecutive years from 2012 to 2015, Downey has topped the Forbes list of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors, making an estimated $80 million in earnings between June 2014 and June 2015.
In 2012, Downey reprised the role of Tony Stark in The Avengers. The film received positive reviews and was highly successful at the box office, becoming the third highest-grossing film of all time both in the United States and worldwide. Downey played Tony Stark again in Iron Man 3 (2013), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Captain America: Civil War (2016), and will again in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).
His film, the David Dobkin-directed dramedy The Judge, a project co-produced by his production company Team Downey, was the opening film at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2014. Downey is scheduled to star in an upcoming Pinocchio film, as well as Avengers: Infinity War and its currently untitled sequel.
Robert Downey Jr. Body Measurements Height Weight Age Shoe Bicep Size Affairs Wife Favorite Things
|Net Worth||$170 million|
|Real Name||Robert John Downey Jr.|
|Nickname||RJD, Bob, Bob Downey|
|Famous Roles||Chaplin Iron Man|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 174 cm|
in meters- 1.74 m
in Feet Inches- 5’8½”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg|
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 43 Inches – Waist: 32 Inches|
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1965|
|Age (as in 2016)||51 Years|
|Birth Place||Manhattan, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|School||Santa Monica High School (Dropped out)|
|Debut||Film – Pound (1970) TV -Saturday Night Live (SNL)|
Album – The Futurist
|Family||Father Robert Downey Sr.(Actor)|
Mother Elsie Ann (Actres)
|Ethnicity||Scottish, German, Swiss, Lithuanian Jewish, Hungarian Jewish, Irish.|
|Fan Mail Address||Robert Downey Jr. Team Downey 1311 Abbot Kinney Venice, CA 90291-3739|
|Hobbies||Martial Arts Wing Chun|
|Favorite Actor||Peter O’Toole|
|Major Controversies||Downey has been arrested multiple times for possessing and abusing drugs throughout the period of 1996-2001. He was also once caught with cocaine, heroin, marijuana and an unloaded .357 Magnum handgun while speeding on the Sunset Boulevard.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Jennifer Jason Leigh Sarah Jessica Parker(1984-1991) Winona Ryder (1988, RUMOR) Deborah Falconer (1992-2001) Marisa Tomei (1994) Calista Flockhart (2000, RUMOR)|
Susan Downey (2003-present)
|Wife/Spouse||Deborah Falconer (m. 1992; div. 2004)|
Susan Downey (m. 2005)
|Current Relationship Status||Married to Susan Downey (m. 2005)|
|Children||Son – Indio|
Daughter – Avri
Son – Exton
Top Unknown Facts About Robert Downey Jr.:
- Does Robert Downey Jr. Smoke ? Yes
- Does Robert Downey Jr. Drink ? Not Known
- Robert was surrounded by drugs when he was a child because his father abused drugs. He let Jr. try Marijuana at the age of six which he regrets now. It was the bond between them as it was the only way his father knew to express his love. This led to Jr. being addicted to alcohol and making a thousand phone calls every night to get drugs!
- When his parents got divorced, he moved to California with his father but then dropped out of high school and moved to New York to pursue full-time acting.
- Downey started with Broadway play off and tried various parts, which did not turn out in his favor; and for the play the critics called him the worst of all the cast.
- He was appreciated for his role of a rich drug addict in the movie version of the novel Less Than Zero. The New York Times described his performance as “Desperately moving”.
- Robert has topped Forbes’ list of the highest-paid actors making $80 million in the year 2014-2015.
- In 1992, he played the title character in the movie Chaplin, which earned him a nomination in the Academy Awards and a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
- Downey was in the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison for drug charges. On release in 2000, he joined the TV show Ally McBeal acting Calista Flockhart’s love interest, for which he won a Golden Globe.
- Robert was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the movie Tropic Thunder.
- Jr. has been playing Iron Man, either as the lead or the member of the ensemble cast and all the three movies have made more than $500 million each. These movies The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3 have earned over $1 billion worldwide.
- Woody Allen couldn’t cast Downey in his movie Melinda and Melinda because Jr. couldn’t be insured. He was disappointed as he really wanted to cast Bob Downey and Winona Ryder for it.
- Robert’s stepmother told the People’s Magazine about his bi-polar disorder and she said that this disorder is the reason why he can not be sober. Robert agreed to it saying that sometimes he spends a lot of cash instantly and also that he can be hyperactive at one moment and really down sometimes.
- After five years of arrests, relapse and rehab, Downey came back to movies in 2000. No rehab or psychotherapy could help him, until he was tired of the trouble that drug abuse brought. He had his last chance and knew that he might get another prison sentence or a court rehab, when he thought enough is enough.
- Bob Downey was allowed a release to appear in a Elton John’s video song “I want to love”. He lip-synced and played it down really well.
- Jr. could come back to the big screen after Mel Gibson paid for his insurance. Mel and Robert had been friends since they did Air America.
- Robert had a comeback with the movie Gothika, for which the Producer Joe Silver withheld 40 percent of his money till his insurance was covered. This kind of clauses is common with his contracts till date.
- Downey is into singing as well. He sang with Sting for the show Ally McBeal and also released an album called The Futurist with the record label Sony Classical. He and his son Indio designed the songs list and the cover of the album. Downey said he won’t be releasing another album because he wasn’t satisfied with the compensation as compared to the work he put in.
- Robert once broke into the neighbor’s house when he was high on drugs thinking it was his own house and slept on the bed there.
- Downey’s drug addiction was the reason for his relationship split with Sarah Jessica Parker. He said “I liked to drink, and I had a drug problem, and that didn’t jibe with Sarah Jessica, because it is the furthest thing from what she is,” he told Parade in 2008. “She provided me a home and understanding. She tried to help me. She was so miffed when I didn’t get my act together.”
- He does Martial Arts Wing Chun.
- People’s magazine labeled him as the Sexiest Lawyer because of his role in “Ally McBeal.”
Incoming search terms:
- hollywood actor robert dwonny Jr ki age