Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio (born November 11, 1974) is an American actor and a film producer. In the early 1990s, DiCaprio began his career by appearing in television commercials, after which he had recurring roles in various television series such as the soap opera, Santa Barbara, and the sitcom, Growing Pains. He won his first BAFTA award for Best Actor for The Revenant. He has been nominated for six Academy Awards—five for acting and one for producing—and in 2016, he won the Academy Award for Best Actor for The Revenant. DiCaprio is the founder of his own production company, Appian Way Productions.
On August 10, 2015, it was announced that Martin Scorsese will direct an adaptation of Erik Larson’s The Devil in the White City, which will star DiCaprio with a screenplay to be written by Billy Ray. In October 2015, Appian Way acquired the movie rights for a book about the Volkswagen emissions scandal.
In early 2016, at a meeting with Pope Francis, he gave a charity donation and spoke about environmental issues. A few days later, possibly influenced by his meeting with DiCaprio, the Pope said he would act in a planned faith-based charity film, Beyond the Sun. It would be his first acting experience, and would also be the first time in history that a Pope appeared in a feature film. Profits from the film would be given to charities in Argentina.
|Biography Record Info
|Real Name||Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio|
|Nickname||Leo Lenny D|
|Profession||Actor and Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches – Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1974|
|Age (as in 2016)||41 Years|
|Birth Place||Hollywood, California|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|School||Seeds Elementary School (now UCLA Lab School), Los Angeles, California, John Marshall High School, Los Angeles, California,
Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies, Los Angeles, California
|Educational Qualifications||General Equivalency Diploma (GED)|
|Debut||Television Debut – The New Lassie (1989)
Film Debut – Critters 3 (1991, science fiction horror comedy film)
|Family||Father– George DiCaprio (writer)
Mother– Irmelin Indenbirken, Peggy Farrar (step mother)
Brothers– Adam Farrar (step brother)
|Religion||Irreligious (doesn’t believe in religion)|
|Ethnicity||German, Italian (Father)
Russian, German (Mother)
|Fan Mail Address||Leonardo Dicaprio Appian Way Productions 9255 Sunset Blvd. Suite 615 West Hollywood, CA 90069
|Hobbies||Collecting Action Figures, Playing Video Games|
|Major Controversies||• His affairs with so many ladies out there has always been in news and in 2005 at a Hollywood party a model Aretha Wilson hit him over the head with a bottle. • Being an environmentalist his smoking habit earns a piece of contradiction.
• During the SAG awards he has been slammed for vaping.
|Favourite Food||Pasta, Lemonade|
|Favourite Actor||Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, & Jack Nicholson|
|Favourite Actress||Meg Ryan, Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Color||Green, Black|
|Favourite Book||“The Old Man and the Sea” by Ernest Hemmingway|
|Favourite Movie||The Bicycle Thief, Taxi Driver, 8 ½ Women, 2001: A Space Odyssey, East of Eden|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||In late 90s – Bijou Phillips (American actress, model, socialite and singer) Kristen Zang Emma Miller Brazilian model, Gisele Bündchen (2000-2005) Israeli model, Bar Refaeli (2005-2011) Actress, Blake Lively (2011) Model, Erin Heatherton (2012)
German model, Toni Garrn (2013-2014)
|Current Relationship Status||model, Kelly Rohrbach (2015)|
|Cars Collection||Ford Mustang Karma – car manufactured by Fisker
Cayenne – SUV manufactured by Porsche
|Net Worth||$216.8 million|
Leonardo DiCaprio Top Unknown Facts List:
- Does Leonardo DiCaprio smoke?: Yes
- Does Leonardo DiCaprio drink alcohol?: Yes
- The reason he earned the name Leonardo is that first time his pregnant mother felt him kick when she was standing in front of a painting by Leonardo da Vinci.
- His father was a comic book dealer.
- At the age of 10, he was advised to change his name something more familiar to American.
- He was nominated for the best supporting actor at the Academy Awards for his 1994 movie “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” and became the 7th youngest actor to ever be nominated at the age of 19.
- He donated a room full of computers (built on the site of his childhood home) to the new Los Feliz Library in 1998.
- Leonardo DiCaprio initially refused to act in Titanic but later he was encouraged by James Cameron to play the role of Jack Dawson.
- In the year 1998, People Magazine chose him as one of the “50 most beautiful people in the world).
- In 2004 US presidential election, he openly supported John Kerry.
- He gave $2800 to Barack Obama’s campaign for 2008 US presidential election, the maximum amount an individual can give during an election.
- He adopted a South African baby girl while filming Blood Diamonds in South Africa.
- He is a dedicated environmentalist and is known world-over for his charities and works related with environment.
- In 1998, at the age of 24, following the success of Titanic he established the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, a non-profit organization to promote environmental awareness.
- Flemish chick-rock band, K3, wrote a song for him titled “I’m in Love with Leonardo DiCaprio”.
- After being nominated for six times (five for best Actor and one for producer), he won the Best Actor Academy Award for for his 2016 film “The Revenant”.
Leonardo DiCaprio Awards:
Leonardo DiCaprio has won 46 awards from 168 nominations, and was named runner-up for 4 of those nominations. He has been nominated for six Academy Awards, four British Academy Film Awards and nine Screen Actor Guild Awards, winning one award each from them and three Golden Globe Awards from eleven nominations. for details visit Leonardo DiCaprio Awards list.