Anushka Manchanda is an Indian singer, model, actress, an ex-Channel [V] -VJ and was a member of the Indian pop girl group Viva!. Manchanda was also a participant in the reality television series Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. She stepped into playback singing in the Tamil film industry by singing the song “O Mahire” from the 2004 film Manmadhan under the direction of noted music composer Yuvan Shankar Raja.
In 2013, she sang the remix version of 1991 hit song (originally sung by Kavita Krisnamurthy in the film Chalbaaz) “Na jaane kahan se aya hai” featuring Neeraj Shridhar. The song was so popular that it topped the Indian topchart for more than two months. The song is picturised on Chitrangada Singh and Prachi Desai and was used in the film “I, Me Aur Main”.
|Real Name||Anushka Manchanda|
|Nickname||Anu and Pop Diva|
|Profession||Singer, VJ and Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5? 9?
|Weight||in Kilograms- 50 Kg
in Pounds- 110 lbs
|Bra/Breast Cup Size||34 B|
|Date of Birth||11 February 1984|
|Age (as in 2016)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Singing Debut: Viva (2002) Film Debut: Dulha Mil Gaya (2010)
TV Debut: Loins of Punjab Presents (2007)
|Family||Father– Not Known
Mother– Terry Manchanda
Brother– Shikhar Manchanda (Younger)
|Hobbies||Reading fictions and nail art|
|Favourite Food||Goan Fish curry and coriander chicken|
|Favourite Actor||Keanu Reeves and Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favourite Film||2 Days in Paris, Mr India, Omkara, Wake Up Sid and Underworld|
|Favourite Musician||Rekha Bhardwaj, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal, Alter Ego, Prodigy, Aerosmith, Bubble, Frou Frou, Sean Paul, Death Cab For Cutie, Reverse Polarity, Shkabang and Pentagram|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Anushka Manchanda Top Facts List:
- Does Anushka Manchanda smoke?: No
- Does Anushka Manchanda drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Anushka was part of the India’s first pop girl band Viva, which was formed in 2002.
- When she was preparing for her Suite of Assessments (SAT) exams, she wanted to go to New York for further studies, but after participating in a talent hunt reality show, she entered the singing world.
- She worked as a VJ for Channel [V] for sometime, after which she switched to playback singing and sung her first film song O Mahire from the film Manmadhan in 2004.
- In 2010, she participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4, but was the 1st contestant who got eliminated.
- She was the winner of the Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 2 in 2008.
- She loves doing nail art and black is her favourite.
- Apart from Hindi, she sung many songs in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada, but she didn’t has any knowledge about these languages.