Imran Khan Niazi MP (born 5 October 1952), better known as Imran Khan, is a Pakistani politician, former cricketer, philanthropist, cricket commentator and the former chancellor of the University of Bradford. He is also founder of the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and the Namal College, Mianwali. Khan played international cricket for two decades in the late twentieth century and, after retiring, entered politics. In January 2015 Khan married British-Pakistani journalist Reham Khan in a private Nikah ceremony at his residence in Islamabad. On 22 October 2015 they announced their intention to file for divorce.
He ended his career with 88 Test matches, 126 innings and scored 3807 runs at an average of 37.69, including six centuries and 18 fifties. His highest score was 136 runs. As a bowler, he took 362 wickets in Test cricket, which made him the first Pakistani and world’s fourth bowler to do so. In ODIs, he played 175 matches and scored 3709 runs at an average of 33.41. His highest score remains 102 not out. His best ODI bowling is documented at 6 wickets for 14 runs.Khan’s career-high as a captain and cricketer came when he led Pakistan to victory in the 1992 Cricket World Cup. Playing with a brittle batting line-up, Khan promoted himself as a batsman to play in the top order along with Javed Miandad, but his contribution as a bowler was minimal. At the age of 39, Khan took the winning last wicket himself.
Imran Khan (PTI) Age Height Weight Body Stats Wife Facts Favorite Things
|Biography Measurements Record Info
|Real Name||Ahmad Khan Niazi Imran|
|Profession||Cricketer, Politician and Philanthropist|
|Party||Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI, 1996)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 38 Inches
– Waist: 29 inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||ODI– 31 August 1974 against England
Test– 3 June 1971 against England
|Domestic/State Team||Lahore, Sussex and New South Wales|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||India|
|Favourite shots||Hitting 6 over bowler’s head|
|Records (main ones)||1. He took 182 wickets and made 3709 runs in ODIs.
2. He took 362 wickets and made 3807 runs in ODIs.
3. In 1983, he got 3rd highest bowling rating in test cricket with 922 points.
|Career Turning Point||In 1982, he got 62 wickets at 13.29 each in 9 test matches.|
|Favorite Cricketer||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||5 October 1952|
|Age (as in 2015)||63 Years|
|Birth Place||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|School||Royal Grammar School, Worcester, England
Aitchison College, Lahore
|College||University of Oxford, England|
|Family||FatherIkramullah Khan Niazi (Civil Engineer)
Mother– Shaukat Khanum
Brothers– Not Known
Sisters– Not Known
|Controversies||In 1994, he admitted that he did ball-tempering during the Test matches|
|Favourite Food||Roasted desi murgi|
|Favourite Destination||The Karakorum mountains in Pakistan|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Jemima Goldsmith (Journalist, 1995–2004)
Reham Khan (Journalist, 2015-2015)
Son– Qasim Khan and Sulaiman Isa Khan
|Net Worth||$50 million|
Imran Khan Interesting Facts List:
- Does Imran Khan smoke?: Yes
- Does Imran Khan alcohol?: Yes
- He was behind the foundation of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Lahore and Namal College, Mianwali.
- Though Pakistani team struggled throughout the 1992 Cricket World Cup, but he single-handedly lead the team to win the tournament.
- In 2012, he was declared as the Asia’s Person of the year with 88% votes.
- The main reason behind his divorce with first wife, Jemima was the difference in their political point of views.
- Shahid Afridi has twice as much runs and wickets in ODIs than him.
- He was among the few bowlers to dismiss Sunil Gavaskar off the first ball of a Test match.
- He published 6 books : Imran: The autobiography of Imran Khan, Imran Khan’s cricket skills, Indus Journey: A Personal View of Pakistan, All Round View, Warrior Race: A Journey Through the Land of the Tribal Pathans, and Pakistan: A Personal History.
- He was ranked 3 among the 9 top leaders of the World by Global Post.
- Imran Khan-Sarfraz Nawaz bowling duo is believed to be the best of Pakistani cricket.
Incoming search terms:
- imran khan pic
- body measurement of imran khan
- imran khan pti
- imran khan pti chest size