Robyn Rihanna Fenty (born February 20, 1988) is a Barbadian singer and songwriter. Born in Saint Michael and raised in Bridgetown, she first entered the music industry by recording demo tapes under the direction of record producer Evan Rogers in 2003. She ultimately signed a recording contract with Def Jam Recordings after auditioning for its then-president, hip hop producer and rapper Jay Z. Rihanna’s first two studio albums Music of the Sun (2005) and A Girl like Me (2006) charted on the top 10 of the U.S. Billboard 200 and respectively produced the singles “Pon de Replay” and “SOS”. Forbes ranked Rihanna the fourth most powerful celebrity of 2012, and was named one of Time’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” later that year.
In the second quarter of 2016, Rihanna was featured on several singles. On April 29, 2016 Calvin Harris released “This Is What You Came For” which reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100 and number two on the UK single charts. Rihanna was also featured on Drake‘s “Too Good” from his album Views and Mike Will Made It‘s single, “Nothing Is Promised” which was released as the lead single from his debut album Ransom 2 on June 3, 2016. On June 27, 2016, Rihanna released “Sledgehammer”, the lead single from the Star Trek Beyond soundtrack. On August 28, Rihanna will be honored with the MTV Video Vanguard Award at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards.
Rihanna Height Weight Age Bra Size Affairs Boy Friends Body Stats Facts Favorite Things
|Biography Record Measurements
|Real Name||Robyn Rihanna Fenty|
|Nickname||RiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, Queen of Pop, Bajan beauty.|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Fashion, Designer, Model, Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Bra Boob Breast Size||34 B|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown, dyed Black.|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
|Age (as in 2016)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Saint Michael, Barbados|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|School||Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School
Combermere High School
|Educational Qualifications||High School drop out.|
|Debut||Album – Music of the Sun (2005)
Film – Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006)
|Family||Father– Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor)
Mother– Monica Braithwaite (Retired Accountant)
Brothers– Rorrey and Rajad FentyShe has two half-sisters and a half-brother, each from different women that her father was with previously.
|Ethnicity||Afro-Guyanese, Afro-Barbadian and Irish descent.|
|Fan Mail Address||Rihanna
New York, NY 10018-3410
|Inspirations and Influences||Madonna, Mariah Carey and Bob Marley|
|Favorite Colors||Pink, Red, Black, Green|
|Favorite Movies||Napoleon Dynamite/Borat|
|Favorite TV Shows||Entourage|
|Favorite Food||Callaloo and Jerk Chicken of Barbados and Cheesecake|
|Favorite Actors||Terrence Howard and Denzel Washington|
|Favorite Actresses||Jessica Alba, Halle Berry and Meryl Streep|
|Favorite Designers||Zac Posen and Dsquared|
|Favorite Artist||Bob Marley|
|Favorite Songs||On A Girl Like Me, We Ride, I’m losing it by Roc Nation and State of mind by Jay Z and Alicia.|
|Major Controversies||Rihanna had to bare physical abuse from her then boyfriend Chris Brown. She was supposed to perform at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards, which got cancelled because of the ugly incident. Her pictures were leaked by police officials where she sustained injury marks on her face. Chris Brown was imprisoned and punished as well as restraining orders were imposed to keep her safe.
There have been controversies about her videos because of nudity and explicit content. Although same level of these elements have been observed in other videos as well. Although the reasons for dropping her latest album’s songs is still not clear.
Rihanna filed a lawsuit of $35 million against Peter Gunis and the firm Berdon LLP. They opted for settlement out of court for over $10 million.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Negus Sealy (2001-2003)
Chris Brown (2007-2013)
Josh Hartnett (2007)
Ryan Phillippe (2011-2012)
Asap Rocky (2013)
Karim Benzema (2015)
|Current Relationship Status||Single|
|Net Worth||US $160 million|
|House||Barbados Mansion ($22 million)
Los Angeles Home ($5.03 million)
|Cars||Maybach, Chevy Suburban, Porsche 997 Turbo, Lamborghini, Chevy Camaro|
To Interesting Facts About Rihanna:
- Does Rihanna Smoke? Yes
- Does Rihanna drink alcohol? Yes
- Music producer Evan Rogers spotted Rihanna for the first time when he was in Barbados on a holiday with his wife.
- Rihanna took over control for creating her third album Good Girl Gone Bad and was not ready to compromise on the creative process.
- Rihanna has to her name, five Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) certified platinum albums.
- She won a Grammy for her album Unapologetic and her album ANTI, hit the Billboard 200 at the top position even when the album was not released properly.
- Rihanna has multiple singles and collaborations that have been the best-selling singles of all time.
- She’s sold more than 200 million copies worldwide which makes her one of the best selling artists.
- She would’ve liked to study Psychology in case she wasn’t a singer, although her favorite subjects were mathematics and chemistry.
- Rihanna is the youngest artist who won fourteen number one Billboard Hot 100 Chart-ratings and that too in the shortest span of of career of all.
- Rihanna has eight Grammys and eight American Music Awards to her name, along with 2 BRIT Awards and the inaugural Icon Award at the American Music Awards 2013.
- She has been awarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2014.
- She has seen a lot of drug and emotional abuse in her childhood. Her father was addicted to cocaine, crack and alcohol and her parents had rough marriage; which could be the reason for tumor-strong headaches as she ceased to experience them as her parents divorced when she was fourteen.
- Rihanna has a turtle and two dogs Marley and DJ.
- The England and West Indies cricketers, Chris Jordan and Kraigg Brathwaite (respectively) were her classmates in school.
- Rihanna was admitted in a sub-military program, where she was a army cadet, commanded by the singer-songwriter Shontelle.
- Rihanna won a talent show and a beauty pageant contest at her school.
- Rihanna stayed on the charts till the end of the year ad with her 8th single hitting it too, she was called “Diva of the Year” for her power and presence on the charts.
- For some reason, after Rihanna dropped the label Def Jam and joined Roc Nation, her album ANTI did not include her initial three releases – “Bitch Betta Have Money”, “American Oxygen” and “Four Five Seconds”. However, ANTI became her second album to rank number one on Billboards 200.
- She still keeps in touch with her Bajan friends.
- Rihanna is official ambassador for Barbados’ tourism agency.
- Rihanna had signed a $25 million with Samsung in October 2015, where she agreed to sell the Samsung Galaxy range and Samsung would support release her album ANTI and its World Tour.
- Rihanna’s voice type is mezzo-soprano and her vocal range is three scales and two notes.
- Rihanna took vocal-lessons from Ne-Yo while she was recording Good Girl Gone Bad. She had never had any vocal training before this.
- She would sing Whitney Houston’s songs, brushing her hair, so much that her neighbors started calling her ‘Robyn Redbreast’.
- New York Times named her cookie-cutter teen queen because of her ability to change styles frequently. She said her inspiration for fashion comes from her mother.
- She broke a Guinness World Record by selling 58 million copies of a single in 2012.
- Rihanna co-owns the music streaming business Tidal with several other artists.
- Rihanna’s and all her siblings’ names start with the letter ‘R’.
- She used to sell clothes on a stall with her father.
- She was rumored to be dating Jay-Z when he was dating Beyonce already. The rumors were false but helped Rihanna get some attention.
- Rihanna asked her fans not to bring umbrellas to her concerts, so that they dont hurt each other while doing her steps.
- Barbados has actually made Rihanna’s birthday a national holiday! Her way of saying thank you was doing a free concert for her fans.
- Her mother would return every gift she would get for her after checking the prices and finding them too expensive. Now it’d be hard to return a five-bedroom house! Which she could not.
- Her line of fragrances are named as ‘Nude’ and ‘Rebelle’!
- She always chug a short or too of dark liquor before her shows.
- Rihanna and Katy Perry are good friends and she threw her a Bachelorette Party in Las Vegas.
- She has 19 tattoos and still counting. No wonder she likes hanging out in the tattoo shops.
- Rihanna has several wax models around the world and her legs are insured at $1 million.
Incoming search terms:
- rihanna height weight kg
- rihanna weight