Anusha Dandekar (Vj Anusha) is an Indo-Australian MTV VJ, actress and singer. Dandekar was born on 9 January 1982 in Khartoum, Sudan. She has two sisters, Shibani Dandekar and Apeksha Dandekar.
Anusha starred in the musical Miss Bollywood, in which she portrayed an ambitious dancer. Her role in the film Viruddh saw her acting alongside noted Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham. This performance won her the Best Debut at the Maharashtra Times Awards. The movie also starred Sanjay Dutt and Sharmila Tagore. She also acted as Rosa in Anthony Kaun Hai? starring Arshad Warsi and Sanjay Dutt.
Later she debuted in Marathi film industry with her role as ‘Ashwini’ in Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha. Anusha has appeared in Cosmopolitian, Elle and Seventeen and has also appeared on magazine covers. She has also been the face of several brands like Reebok, Toni&Guy, Crocs and Lee Jeans.
|Real Name||Anusha Dandekar|
|Profession||Actress, VJ, Singer and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 5″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 52 Kg
in Pounds- 115 lbs
|Figure Measurements||33 B|
|Date of Birth||9 January 1982|
|Age (as in 2016)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Khartoum, Sudan, Africa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Her family used to live in Pune, Maharashtra, but now resides at Kingsgrove, Sydney.|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film Debut: Mumbai Matinee (2003)
TV Debut: MTV’s House of Style (2002)
|Family||Father– Not Known
Mother– Not Known
Sister– Shibani Dandekar (Elder) and Apeksha Dandekar (Younger)
|Hobbies||Dancing and singing|
|Favourite Food||Junk food|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Miranda Kerr|
|Favourite Musicians||Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Britney Spears, Beyoncé and Nicole Scherzinger|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rannvijay Singh (Actor and Vj)
Karan Kundra (Actor)
Anusha Dandekar Top Unknown Facts:
- Does Anusha Dandekar smoke?: No
- Does Anusha Dandekar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Anusha spent most of her childhood in Australia and moved from Sydney to Mumbai at the age of 19 in 2002, and tried her luck in MTV veejay search to get her dream job.
- Same year, she started her career by hosting a fashion television show, MTV’s House of Style.
- In 2003, she made her first Bollywood appearance in the film Mumbai Matinee and did a sizzling item number called Lut Gaye in it.
- In 2009, she won the Best VJ Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Award.
- She was among the 50 Most Beautiful Women in India Award by Femina Magazine in 2010.
- She loves singing and in 2012, she launched her first single Better Than Your EX.
- She and her 2 sisters live in India, but their parents live in Sydney, Australia.
- During her childhood, she won the Lion’s Den Award for the Most Charitable Work.