Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (born October 25, 1984), known professionally as Katy Perry, is an American singer and songwriter. After singing in church during her childhood, she pursued a career in gospel music as a teenager. Perry signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name in 2001, which was commercially unsuccessful.
In May 2016, Perry confirmed she was working on new music. She recorded an anthem for NBC Sports’s coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics titled “Rise”, which was released on July 14, 2016. Perry chose to release it as a standalone track rather than save it for an album “because now more than ever, there is a need for our world to unite”. NBC also felt its message spoke “directly to the spirit of the Olympics and its athletes” for its inspirational themes. The song debuted at number one in Australia and number eleven in the United States.
In 2011, Forbes ranked Perry third on their “Top-Earning Women In Music” list with earnings of $44 million and fifth on their 2012 list with $45 million. She subsequently ranked seventh on the 2013 Forbes list for “Top-Earning Women In Music” with $39 million earned, and fifth on their 2014 list with $40 million. With earnings of $135 million, Forbes also ranked Perry number one on their 2015 “Top-Earning Women In Music” list as well as the “World’s Highest-Paid Musicians” and declared her the highest earning female celebrity in 2015, placing her at number 3 on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list. In June 2016, Forbes estimated her net worth was $125 million.
Katy Perry Height Weight Age Bra Size Body Stats Affairs Favorite Things
|Real Name||Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson|
|Nickname||Katy Hudson, Katy Brand, Katheryn Elizabeth Brand, Pickle, KP, Katy Bird, The Queen of Cool, KatyCat, K-Pez, Chuckie, Pussycat|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Philanthropist, Businesswoman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 61 kg
in Pounds- 134.5 lbs
|Bra/ Breast Size||36B|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1984|
|Birth Place||Santa Barbara, California, United States|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Paradise Valley Christian School, Arizona
Santa Barbara Christian School, California
Dos Pueblos High School
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||Album – Katy Hudson (2001)
TV – The Young and the Restless (2008)
|Family||Father– Mary Christine (née Perry)
Mother– Maurice Keith Hudson
Brother– David (Singer)
|Religion||Not exactly religious but prays all the time.|
|Ethnicity||English, German, Irish, and Portuguese|
|Inspirational Artists||Queen’s Freddy Mercury|
|Fan Mail Address||Katy Perry
Direct Management Group, Inc.
8332 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90069
|Hobbies||Golf, Collecting Antiques|
|Favorite Book||The Help (Kathryn Stockett)|
|Favorite Bands||Beach Boys, Heart, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Alanis Morissette, Imogen Heap, Ting Tings, Gwen Stefani, Rufus, Wainwright|
|Favorite Movies||Lolita (1997)|
|Favorite TV Program||Ancient Aliens (2009)|
|Favorite Color||Pink, Aqua, Blue|
|Major Controversies||In her Egyptian themed video for the song “Dark Horse” she is playing Cleopatra and there are wooers to find her a match. In the music video, one of those contestants is wearing a pendant that says “Allah” in Arabic Scripture and her character in the video Katy Patra destroys him by burning him down along with his pendant. She was accused Blasphemy.
She wore a dress in Taipei, Taiwan which had a sunflower on it and briefly wore the Taiwanese flag like a cape too. The sunflower represents the tension of Mainand China’s meddling in Taiwan’s independent state. This was soon after the Sunflower Student Movement.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Justin York (2002-2003)
Mathew Thiessen (2003-2006)
Johnny Lewis (2005-2006)
Travie McCoy (2007-2009)
Josh Gorban (2009)
Russel Brand (2009-2011)
Baptiste Giabiconi (2012)
John Mayer (2012-2014)
Orlando Bloom (2016-Present)
|Husband/Spouse||Russell Brand (m. 2010; div. 2012)|
|Current Relationship Status||Dating Orlando Bloom|
|Net Worth||$125 million|
|House||Hollywood Hills ($6.5 million)|
|Car||Maserati, Audi A5, Fisker, Karma, BMW 3 Series,
Pink Smart Car, Range Rover
Katy Perry Top Unknown Facts List
- Does Katy Perry Smoke and drink.
- She pursued Gosspel music in her teenage years after she had already sung at the church since she was very young.
- Red Hill dropped her after her first album didn’t work out. She was also dropped by The Island Def Jam Music Group and Columbia Records before she was signed by Capitol Records in April 2007.
- She acquired fame with her single “I kissed a girl” in 2008 followed by “Hot and Cold” .
- In 2010, her album Teenage Dream hit top positions on Billboard Hot 100 including The one of got away at number 3. She was the first female to have five number one tracks from one album to be listed on the Billboards, second only to Michael Jackson’s Bad.
- Perry has four Guinness World Records to her name, has stayed the highest-earning artist for four years (2011-2015) as listed by Forbes. She is one the best selling artists of the world selling 100 million copies worldwide.
- She did not belong a well-off family when she was young and sometimes, they had to depend on the food from church.
- Her mother did not allow her to eat Lucky Charms because she was skeptical of its relation to Lucifer and call “deviled eggs” “angeled eggs”.
- Singing with her sister Angela, her parents realized that she should take singing lessons and she was involved in their ministry and sang in the church from the the age 9-17 years old.
- Katy left school after getting her GED (General Education Development) at the age of 15.
- Her parents, for her birthday, gifted her the first guitar when she was 13.
- Katy Perry’s voice type is contralto.
- Russel brand proposed her sitting on an Elephant at the New Years Eve watching with fireworks in the sky!
- Katy Perry has a cat named Kitty Purry and has her own blog!
- Katy Perry was offered an amount of $20,000,000 to join the twelfth season of American Idol, but she declined.
- She had lunch with Michelle Obama on her 28th birthday!
- Katy said she was the skinnier version of Lily Allen and fatter version of Amy Winehouse, to which Lily Allen took offense and threatened Katy to make her phone number public!
- Whoopi Goldberg kissed Katy on her show ‘The View’ and she said “I liked it”.
- Katy has written songs for other artists like Selena Golmes and Kelly Clarkson.
- Perry uses tattoos nicely to launch her albums and songs. She has strawberry and peppermint for the songs One of the boys and Teenage Dream.
- She strongly supports the democratic party.
Incoming search terms:
- katy perry body shape
- katy perry body
- katy perry 2013
- katy perry height weight favourite things