Jennifer Shrader Lawrence (born August 15, 1990) is an American actress. Born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, she was spotted by a talent scout in New York City at the age of 14. She soon moved to Los Angeles and began her acting career by playing guest roles in television shows.
She was paid $20 million to co-star with Chris Pratt in the science fiction film Passengers, which is scheduled for release in December 2016. She has committed to star in the drama Day 6 from director Darren Aronofsky, co-starring Javier Bardem, Michelle Pfeiffer and Domhnall Gleeson, about a young couple whose lives are disrupted by the arrival of unexpected guests. In addition, Lawrence has co-written the screenplay of an yet-untitled comedy film with Amy Schumer, in which the pair will co-star as sisters.
She will also star in Steven Spielberg’s film adaptation of photojournalist Lynsey Addario’s memoir It’s What I Do: A Photographer’s Life of Love and War, and will feature as Elizabeth Holmes, founder of the Theranos blood testing company, in the Adam McKay penned and directed film Bad Blood.
|Real Name||Jennifer Shrader Lawrence|
|Famous Role||Ree Dollar in Winter’s Bone|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 63 kg
in Pounds- 139 lbs
|Bra/Breast Size||35 B|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1990|
|Age (as in 2016)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||Indian Hills, Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|School||Kammerer Middle School, Louisville.
She was home-schooled after primary education and finished her studies two years earlier with high scores.
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||Film – Garden Party (2008)
TV – Company Town (2006)
Music Video – The Mess I made (2010)
|Family||Father– Gary Lawrene (Was a Construction Worker and owned a concrete construction firm Lawrence & Associates)
Mother– Karen Lawrence (Children’s Camp Manager)
Brothers– Ben and Blaine (Both older)
|Fan Mail Address||P.O. Box 6509
Louisville, KY 40206
|Hobbies||Playing Guitar, Painting and Surfing|
|Favorite Colors||Gold and Blue|
|Favorite Movies||Pan’s Labyrinth, I heart Huckabees, Midnight in Paris, Harold & Maude|
|Favorite TV Shows||The Only way is Essex, Gossip Girl (2001), Bones (2005), The Simpsons (1989), Family Guy (1999)|
|Favorite Food||Junk Food (Nachos especially)|
|Favorite Books||We need to talk about Kevin, Raise high the roof beam, The Rum Diary, The other Boleyn Girl|
|Favorite Music||The Paramor, The Black Keys, Mumford & Sons, Beatles|
|Favorite Actresses||Meryl Streep, Laura Linney, Cate Blanchett|
|Major Controversies||She was accused of being rude to a reporter for using phone while talking to her and also for calling him bro. He called the occasion Oscars, when it was a Golden Globe event, which she pointed out too. People said that it was rude to do that to a nervous reporter, whereas some said that she was just keeping it real the way she is.
Her nude pics were leaked on the internet and she said that it was against the law, breaching her privacy and anyone who sees them will be breaking the law and invading her privacy.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Graham Patrick Martin (2008-2009)
Nicholas Hoult (2010-2014)
Chris Martin (2014-2015)
|Current Relationship Status||Single|
|Net Worth||About $75 million|
|House||Beverly Hills ($7 million)
She also owns some cute and cozy simple houses.
|Cars||Volkswagen Eos, Chevrolet, Volt, Rangerover, Chrystler and a sports car|
Jenifer Lawrence Some Top Facts:
- Does Jenifer Lawrence Smoke? Yes
- Does Jennifer Lawrence drink alcohol? Yes
- Lawrence suffered from hyperactivity and social anxiety as a child.
- She was 14 when she was spotted by a talent scout company, which arranged auditions for her.
- Jennifer’s role Katnis Everdeen in the Hunger Games movie series won her a good deal of recognition and she became the highest-grossing action heroine.
- Lawrence has won quite a few accolades from her collaboration with David O. Russels. She won an Academy Award for Best Actress for playing the role of a depressed widow in a romantic comedy movie Silver Lining Playbooks in 2012, becoming the second youngest actress to win an Oscar for Best Actress.
- She also got the BAFTA Best Actress Award for a supporting role in the black comedy movie American Hustle. She played a troubled wife.
- She has won three Golden Globes Awards; two for the movies mentioned already and one for her role of the eponymous inventor in the movie Joy.
- Lawrence is the most successful and obviously the highest paid actress, with her movies grossing over $5 billion worldwide.
- Jennifer is the youngest actress to have won four nominations for Academy Awards.
- She is very vocal about advocating for feminism and gender equality. She has a charitable foundation called Jenifer Lawrence Foundation.
- She considers her childhood as an “unhappy” experience because of social anxiety and hyperactivity, which made her feel like a misfit.
- Jennifer not just was the Cheerleader in school but also played netball, field hockey and basketball. She played with the guys’ team that her father used to coach. Her mother thought she is too dangerous to play with the girls!
- Jennifer was not chosen for Aberombie & Fitch model because the photo-shoot was with the girls playing ball on the beach. Jennifer took the game more seriously than the photo-shoot! When she asked for the reason of rejection, they replied with her photos only!
- She was always ambitious and wanted to be a doctor, buy a house, be a mother and live in Kentucky but she always knew she is going to be famous.
- Her first acting role was of a prostitute in a church play based on the Book of Jonah. After watching the play, the friends and family of her family came up and said, “We don’t know if we should congratulate you or not, because your kid’s a great prostitute”.
- Jennifer’s mother wasn’t very keen for Jennifer’s acting career but she still took her to the city so that she can read the roles. The agents were impressed by her as she cold read; although her mother convinced Lawrence that they were lying. She joined CESD Talent Agency anyway.
- She was home-schooled for two years and finished her course two years early with high grades.
- The Washington Post critic Tom Shaly said that she is a “scene stealer” for her rebellious teenager’s role Lauren in the show The Bill Engrave Show.
- Jennifer’s role in Lori Petty’s drama The poker House, in which she played the eldest of the three daughters, who were living with a drug-abusing mother. Critic Stephen Farber of The Hollywood Reporter said that ” She has a touching poise on camera that conveys the resilience of children.” Jennifer won an Outstanding Performance award from the Los Angeles Film Festival.
- She was heavily praised for her role in Winter’s Bone for which she got an Academy Award nomination and National Board of Review Award for Breakthrough Performance at Sundance Film Festival.
- Lawrence studies the roles well for the films. She not just studies the film but also takes pain to explore the places, skills and people to give her best and do justice to the character. Like for her movie Winter bone, she learned how to skin squirrels, chop wood, and fight.
- For her Silver Lining Playbooks, Travers noted that Lawrence “is some kind of miracle. She’s rude, dirty, funny, foul mouthed, sloppy, sexy, vibrant, and vulnerable, sometimes all in the same scene, even in the same breath”. She won both the Golden Globe and the Academy Award for this role.
- She supports a lot of foundations and cause that need to be voiced and she didn’t shy away to oppose Kim Davis for opposing against equal marriage rights.
- Lawrence never took any training from a theater or an acting school. She believes in being self-taught and said “I’ve always studied people and been fascinated by their reactions and feelings. And I think that’s the best acting class you can take – watching real people, listening to them and studying them.
- Lawrence is considered to have power and influence in the Hollywood Film Industry.
- Various magazines have given her several titles for her hot persona.
- People magazine listed her for “The most beautiful people in the world” in 2010.
- Jennifer was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World (2013).
- She stained all her dresses because of her love for Nachos on the sets of American Hustle. The team started arranging an extra pair.
- She was considered to be the “most talkative” in the class.
Incoming search terms:
- jennifer lawrence body